Your front door is one of the most vulnerable elements of your home. It’s also the first point of entry intruders will try before anything else. For these reasons, it’s important to invest in keeping your home safe, and security screen doors are a great way to start. Not only do they provide added security but they also offer a whole host of other benefits.
1. Increased Level of Security
This is the most obvious feature, but do you know what these doors are protecting you from? Well, most security doors go through five security tests. These tests include:
- Dynamic impact tests to evaluate how strong the door is when faced with hard impact.
- Jemmy tests to see if the model can protect against the use of crowbars.
- Pull tests to test the force needed to pull a door free.
- Probe tests seek to create gaps in the infill material and test panel to simulate a burglar attack.
- Knife shear tests use a specially designed machine that replicates the effect someone attacking your doors with a knife would have.
To ensure that the security door passes all these requirements, the manufacturer typically uses robust materials like steel, secure non-removable hinges, and a strong frame built to provide security.
2. Improved Ventilation and Light
With your security taken care off, you don’t have to worry as much about keeping doors closed. This means you get plenty of fresh air in your rooms and a ton of natural light that will make your house feel more like a home. In the warmer months when all you want to do is open a door, but you’re dreading the entry of bugs and insects, you’ll be glad you installed a security door with its wire mesh design.
3. Adds Value to Your Home
Screen doors come in a wide range of styles and colors, you no longer have to have a plain steel security screen door. Instead, you can opt for a more decorative option that compliments the design of your home. This will not only boost the impression people have of your home but also add a level of style. These aesthetic features combined with the safety advantages often make homes look more attractive to buyers, and can help up the value of your home.